WE DON’T HAVE MANY, BUT WE DO NEED TO REMIND YOU OF A FEW THINGS.
RIDER RULES AND ETIQUETTE
BORDER WARS RULES
- ALL RIDERS WILL NEED AT LEAST A REAR FLASHING LIGHT AND A FRONT FLASHING LIGHT IS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED.
- ALL RIDERS MUST SIGN A WAIVER WHEN YOU PICK UP YOUR NUMBER. NO WAIVER, NO NUMBER. You must be present to sign the waiver to pick up your number. If you are a minor, you have to have a parent or legal guardian there to sign for you. Please do not ask a friend to pick up your number, because they will be turned away.
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED.
- ALL RIDERS MUST OBEY ALL STATE ROAD LAWS FOR CYCLING. THIS IS AN OPEN COURSE EVENT. If you need a refresher click here
- YOU ARE RIDING AT YOUR OWN RISK: You (the participant) understand that you are riding on public roads, that there are inherent dangers of riding your bicycle on them, that you are riding at your own risk, and that by participating you accept those risks. You are ultimately responsible for your own personal safety.
- MINORS must be accompanied by an adult.
- BE COURTEOUS: For the occasional vehicle, please provide them with space to pass you safely. Let’s work together to keep the event fun for you and painless for them.
- STOP SIGNS: YOU MUST OBEY THEM. This is an open road course, meant to be a fun and safe ride with friends. You must stop at all stop signs. Failure to do so will result in the rider being removed from the event and that rider will not be allowed back to any East Point Track Club event.
- MUSIC & HEADPHONES: It is illegal to ride a bike with headphones, so please leave them at home. We also ask that you keep your portable speakers at home as well. It is a hazard and distraction for you and others, and it’s not fair to make other riders listen to your music.
- AWARDS: We are cooking up some awesome awards for the top 5 male and top 5 female finishing riders for the 75-mile race only. We will announce what that will be closer to the event date. All other riders, for both the race and ride, who finish will get a rider completion badge.
BORDER WARS ETIQUETTE
Be grateful guests to the area and respect the people, animals, and property around you.
Respect private and public property. Please make nature stops privately and respectfully.
Never litter. Pick up your energy tops, don’t just spit them on the road. Put everything in your pocket until you get an aid stop or the end of the ride.
Discrimination and Harassment policy:
At Border Wars, Independent Gravel, and East Point Track Club, we are committed to providing and fostering an environment where everyone is welcome and feels safe. All harassment or discrimination based on an individual’s race, ethnicity, country of origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, military status, socioeconomic status or religion will not be tolerated. All participants, volunteers, spectators, and sponsors are expected to abide by this policy. Violation of this policy may result in removal from the event, prohibition from participating in future events, law enforcement involvement, or other appropriate measures, contingent on the circumstances.
Lastly, Have a great time!!!